THE YSYW PROCESS
The YSYW team has one goal: to create a comfortable, interesting and enjoyable experience.
Our writing style is narrative and visual. Always, our aim is to produce stories that are relatable, easy-reads and—when in digital form—that reflect high production value.
Whether your decision is for a short- or long-form print, digital and/or audio story, the process remains the same, with few exceptions.
- You determine if your story will be told in a short- or long-format package.
- You choose the media platform: print, e-book, audio or digital package.
- Then, we determine the components, the budget and the timeline.
- We sign an agreement memorandum.
- You provide various biographical and contact information.
- You provide contact information for the people to be interviewed as per your package components.
- All interviews are recorded for accuracy.
- Your project runs on a pre-approved schedule.
- Each item is signed off upon completion.
- YSYW delivers a completed, edited manuscript.
- We will recommend publishers upon request.
Life stories are very individual and YSYW is not “a one size fits all” service. Therefore, depending on your agreement and package, the duration of a project may be between three weeks to seven months.
Our costs for print, electronic or audio stories may range between $1000.00 to $50,000.00, or more, depending on the package and the media platform selected. Digital packages are priced on a per project basis.
We look forward to your inquiries. Milana and the YSYW team will help make your dream of telling your story as a book or film come true.